2. 8. Trang Islands, Thailand-The islands of Trang, a sleepy province in southeast Thailand, have remained under the radar. Wooden longtail boats can be rented to travel between the islands—and to see the endangered dugongs.
4. They are calculated using a methodology that focuses on a school's research performance and reputation, not its specific undergraduate or graduate programs. This is a separate methodology than those used for other US News rankings such as Best Colleges and Best Graduate Schools.
5. Except your Watson, he thinks it's hot.
6. 3. Feng Shui
1. Without a cellphone at hand, Sun tried yelling to get the attention of people outside, but no one responded as time passed by.
2. Coca-Cola said that the consumer slowdown in China had hit sales, and weaker demand was forcing it to drive down inventory.
4. US president Donald Trump’s zero-sum, Art-of-the-Deal approach to negotiation will give comfort to old-fashioned incumbents. I am hoping 2018 will provide an opportunity for positive, problem-solving new leaders to emerge. But change could stall if business chiefs, disheartened by the poor quality of political leadership, turn inwards instead.
1. Those quickly sold out, locking out the vast majority of fans in soccer-mad Brazil.
5. Throughout Downsizing, I kept asking myself what the point of all of this was, never engaged by its hodgepodge of themes. I wish the filmmakers had asked that question too.
6. Nearly all the entrepreneurs (93 per cent) rated their new skills as important or very important in their decision. “I understand the value of my skills without the ‘fear’ of not being employed,” said one.
1. n. 慈爱，喜爱，感情，影响
2. Take targeted and powerful measures to strengthen areas of weakness.
3. But at the end of a madcap Golden Globes (Ms. Fey toasted it as 'the beautiful mess we hoped it would be'), the major honors soberly ended up with the favorites. David O. Russell's con-artist caper 'American Hustle' led with three awards, including best film comedy. And despite missing out in the other six categories it was nominated in, the unflinching historical drama '12 Years a Slave' concluded the night as best film drama.
But the change in Wall Street’s — and Silicon Valley’s — appreciation of Mr Cook is down to more than just the 70m iPhones Apple is expected to sell this quarter or the $42bn in sales generated in the previous.
About now, new CEO Gorman is probably learning that the meager profits of a retail brokerage can't pay for all those monster Wall Street bonuses. Expect Gorman to decide that Morgan Stanley should be a lot more like trader Goldman Sachs, after all.