2. 有趣的是，“真诚的问候”(unfeigned regards)又重回我们的视野——人们现在可以在印度服务中心的邮件上见到这一18世纪末的流行语。而更胜一筹的是这个签名，一个周五我收到了一则消息，末尾处写到：“周末好”(weekend well)。我差点将最佳名词使动用法奖也颁给它，不料最后一刻却杀出一匹黑马，一位顾问无意中说了句：“我们能把那件事冷毛巾一下吗？”(Can we cold towel that?)
3. Mr Williams notes that early November data from the likes of Brazil, Vietnam, Taiwan and Chile suggests the picture has continued to improve since October.
4. While Insead’s joint programme dropped back into second place, its single-school programme moved up three places to fourth, a place it last occupied in 2011.
6. For the fifth year in a row the city-state's Changi Airport has been named "world's best airport" at the annual Skytrax World Airport Awards.
1. Costco CEO Craig Jelinek
4. Since you will be spending so much time in your office space, you should be comfortable enough to enjoy what you do. A comfy chair will keep you pleased throughout the day. We recommend the Allak Swivel Chair, $59.99, at Ikea.com. If you need music to keep your mind stirring, we recommend the Sound System iPod Speaker, $220, at UrbanOutfiters.com.
6. Anxiety about addiction to screen time gave rise to a dubious new line of businesses: boot camps, often run by ex-military personnel, promising to help wayward youth kick the habit. But investigative reports p ublished in recent days by Beijing News and the Mirror reveal abusive conditions, leading to the death of at least one student, at the Zhengzhou Boqiang New Idea Life Training School, which billed itself a s an Internet-addiction recovery camp in eastern Henan province.
1. During your early years wasthere anything that inspired or sparked your imagination to start writing theway that you have done so far?
2. 3. 没有开始创业
3. Beijing is banning Chinese tour groups from visiting South Korea, the latest retaliation against the planned Korean deployment of the US-built Thaad missile shield, according to two people with knowledge of the plans.
3. In China, WeChat has also lured more high-end users, a group that Tencent hasn't traditionally had a strong hold over.
5. Internet tycoons had heated discussions on the promise of artificial intelligence (AI) following the historic victory earlier this month for Google Inc's AI-powered AlphaGo over South Korean Go master Lee Se-dol.
6. Usually sober-minded analysts, accustomed to the auto industry’s slow growth, seem to shed their inhibitions when it comes to Tesla. Rod Lache of Deutsche Bank has attached a $310 price target on the stock. Not to be out-done, Adam Jonas of Morgan Stanley established a $320 price target and calls Tesla it the “most important car company in the world”.
"Machines will be stronger and smarter than human beings, but they will never be wiser," he said, "because one thing's for sure: Wisdom, soul and heart are things that only human beings possess, and machines can never enjoy failure, success, friendship or love."
Global pharmaceutical spending will surpassthe trillion dollar threshold in 2014, with high prices for innovativehepatitis C and cancer drugs in the US, a new study says. By 2018spending is expected to increase by another 30 percent.